Job – Character Artist (Full-time)
We at Gone North Games are looking for a new colleague to join our family of developers. The company is based in Stockholm and was formed in 2013 around our first game, A Story About My Uncle. Since then we have been creating original content for the Goat Simulator franchise, such as GoatZ and Goat Simulator: Waste of Space for Windows/Mac/Linux as well as iOS & Android.
We’re a tight-knit group of twelve that share a common passion for gaming and making great games. We value the unique ideas and perspectives of every developer on our team, and we all have the opportunity to contribute ideas for our projects and impact our work environment.
What we are looking for:
We are currently looking for a full-time Character Artist to be part of our exciting upcoming projects!
You will be in charge of the characters for our upcoming games, both human and animal. You like making original and unique characters, and are ready to adapt your style to the project at hand. As a team player, you have great communication skills and understand how your work fits into the bigger picture of the project. You are open to feedback, eager to learn, and passionate about making the best game possible!
- Designing characters with the project’s art style and tone in mind
- Independently creating character models from draft to game-ready model (High-res sculpting, low-poly modeling, texturing and texture-baking)
- Adapting your models for animation and to performance limitations
- Experience of creating characters for games
- Comfortable with creating semi-realistic humans and animals/creatures
- Excellent skills in Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop or similar tools
- Solid understanding of anatomy and proportions
- Great communication skills
- Traditional drawing
- Concept art
- Experience of working in an agile project environment
- Having previously worked in the gaming industry
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 workflow
We look forward to hearing from you!
Send your application and any questions to email@example.com